Lakeland Crushes Kellogg for First Win

David Tesch, Sports Writer

Katy Ryan scored double digits points and multiple rebounds against the Kellogg Wildcats. Lakeland pulled away with a 48-23 non-conference win at the Lakeland High School gym on Tuesday, Dec. 1.

After losing two games straight to start the season, The Hawks had to redeem themselves on the first day of the holiday season.

In the first quarter, The Hawks held The Wildcats to 0 points, while Lakeland scored 11 points with the help of Sydney Hostetler 5 points, including a three pointer at the start of the game.

The Hawks entered halftime with a 21-7 lead against The Wildcats. With the help of Katy Ryan 8 points in the first half.

The Wildcats having trouble scoring against the Hawks, changes had to be made if they were going to have a chance to win the game.

Abbey Neff and Addison Keifer came into the 3rd quarter explosive and helped the hawks score 21 points in just a single quarter, With Kiefers 6 points and Abbey Neffs 4 points.

At the end of the quarter, The Hawks doubled their points in the first half, having a total score of 42-12 against the Wildcats.

The Wildcats had a strong 4th quarter, scoring 11 points, with 9 of them from Kellogg’s 6 foot Hailey Cheney.

Katy Ryan ended the game with the most points for the hawks, with 14 points. Helping Lakeland get their first win of the season.

The Lakeland Girls Varsity Basketball team next game is against The Moscow Bears at Rathdrum, Idaho at 7pm.