Mashed Potatoes Reign Supreme

Liam Bradford

Thanksgiving is one of the most celebrated occasions across the nation when it comes to the magical holiday season. 

The tradition of Thanksgiving began in 1621 when the British completed their voyage to America and celebrated a Thanksgiving feast with a native Indian tribe called the Wampanoag tribe. 

Thanksgiving is a holiday celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. Thanksgiving is usually celebrated by a gathering of family and friends who give thanks and focus on the things they appreciate. 

The most typical Thanksgiving celebration is an excellent feast of many different types of familiar comfort food. Popular Thanksgiving foods include mashed potatoes with gravy, turkey, bread rolls, cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie and many more. 

Many students at Lakeland high school were asked what their favorite Thanksgiving food was.

These are the results: 11 students said mashed potatoes, five students said cranberry sauce, five students said pumpkin pie, three students said stuffing, three students said ham, three students said green bean casserole, three students said turkey, two students said pecan pie, two students said cheeseburgers, two students said sweet potatoes, two students said rolls, one student said sushi, one student said gravy, one student said pineapples, one student said cheesecake, one student said chocolate pie, and one student said mac and cheese.  

The most popular favorite food across the school was mashed potatoes and it was easily decided as the best Thanksgiving food. 

Thanksgiving is statistically the second most popular holiday nationally and is celebrated by more people in America than any other holiday.