Extra Epic Sauce, Please

A review of the Travis Scott Burger

Travis Scott Buger

Diego Aguilar, Social Media Editor

Among all the items at McDonald’s, there is one deal in specific that has captivated the attention of many younger consumers.

If you haven’t already guessed the meal, I am referring to is the Travis Scott meal. This meal includes a beverage, a side of fries and an exclusive Travis Scott Burger.

The Travis Scott burger is the crown jewel of the meal; it is a Quarter Pounder with bacon. In case you’re wondering, a typical Quarter Pounder comes with a 100 percent beef patty with a slice of cheese on each side of the patty, lettuce, onions, pickles, mustard, and a dab of ketchup all on a sesame seed bun. With all this, no wonder it has captured the attention of so many consumers.

One of the most intriguing things about this meal is the many different ways to order it. The catch phrase for this meal is “Cactus Jack sent me”, which leaves a lot of room for creativity. With some people simply ordering it as “The Travis Scott meal”, while others have gotten more creative with how they order their meal.

Fellow Hawkeye member Zach Roses, said that he had simply just played the song “Sicko Mode.” Lakeland High School Student, Tori Haney, claimed “Oy bruv cactus Jack sent me”.

One of the most surprising things about this is that the McDonald’s cashiers seem to know exactly what they want no matter how many different ways it is ordered.

Opinions of the burger itself vary from person to person.

Some people claim “I live for meals like this”, while other people say “It’s just an over hyped Quarter Pounder”.

Even as Kanye West himself acknowledges the burger many fans are left unsatisfied and claim “The fries were good but the burger is just an overrated Quarter Pounder”.

Despite all this there are still people that love the burger convey, “It’s so good dude”. Even though its launch was highly anticipated there is still a lot of controversy surrounding the meal itself. 

After tasting the burger myself multiple times, I have come to the conclusion that the Travis Scott Burger is simply a Quarter Pounder with bacon. I am saying that the meal itself is simply the product of genius advertising on McDonald’s part.

The burger isn’t bad though. The strips of bacon give it a texture that a normal Quarter Pounder lacks. After comparing the Travis Scott burger with a typical quarter pounder I have reached my final conclusion. While a regular Quarter Pounder has a very simple taste everything compliments itself in the burger, the pickles, ketchup and mustard help balance the saltiness of the beef patty.

The Travis Scott burger however has bacon which slightly overpowers everything in the burger. On the other hand the bacon provides a complex and robust texture that The Quarter Pounder simply cannot provide. I believe that this is an acceptable trade off, and the Travis Scott burger is worth buying before time runs out.