New and Unique

Lakeland High School releases 2022-2023 yearbook.

Let’s rewind it back real quick. 

At the beginning of the year, Micheal Dunn’s third period started to brainstorm ideas for the 2022-2023 school year yearbook the idea they came up with was ‘Rewind It Back’ an 80s theme. This was a new and unique theme since most years were always green and gold.

Some may think that it is not a good theme for the yearbook since that does not go with our school colors. However, it is kinda cool because it is showing that we have a fun and unique side to Lakeland High School. 

Detroit Rodgers, a sophomore in the yearbook class says that he really enjoys the yearbook and feels that this year’s yearbook will come out more unique than the other ones.

“I think that it’s going to be good because of all the brainstorming that we did,” Rodgers said. “We put a lot of time and effort into this.” 

Senior John Cornish participated in making the yearbook by going out to the games and getting photos. 

Cornish has been into photography this year and says that people will enjoy the photos he took are the best. 

“I did an excellent job on these, and they are simply the best,” Cornish said. 

This year’s yearbook took a lot of hard work from the yearbook staff, and they put their all into it.

This year, the deadline to submit the yearbook was before some spring sports even took their group photo, with this the class has made the supplement pages these are pages where students can scan a QR code with their phone, and it will take them to a Google Drive account where they can see all of the stuff that did not make the yearbook.

Students get excited to get their yearbooks because they are a book full of memories.

This year’s yearbooks are $40.

They will first be sold to the seniors from the first day which is May 30. After that, all will be able to purchase them up until June 6 in the big gym. After that, they will have to come to Dunn’s room during first third or fifth period. 

It will be set up like last year with them being sold in the main gym.