Giving Back

Giving+Back

Give Blood. Give Back.
The annual blood drive will be taking place on March 3 at Lakeland High School. 

The blood drive is prepared and ran by the members of the National Honors Society (NHS) at LHS. The blood drive is very important to NHS because it gives back and makes a big difference. 

“I like how we are able to help not just our small community but branch out to people all around since blood donations can go across the state or further,” Suzie Nichols, NHS president, said. 

The school works together with Vitalant, a nonprofit organization, for the blood drive. 

Members of NHS are hard-working students who care deeply about their education and want to go above and beyond. 

“NHS recognizes students that excel in Scholarship, Character, Leadership, Service,” Frank Vieira said. “Members volunteer throughout the school year in or outside of school. Many of the members help with our blood drive.”

The students that participate in NHS choose to participate because they want to give back to their community. 

Giving back to the community is very important for the student body. These students go above and beyond to participate and give back. 

NHS’ main goal throughout the year is to pull off the blood drive successfully. They do other events to help out the community, but the blood drive is their main priority. 

Being a part of NHS gives back to the community, but it has a significant value for future opportunities as well. 

“Not only is this great opportunity and leadership opportunities, but a great way to give back to the community and truly help people,” Nichols said. 

Vieira recommends this club to people that are eligible because it gives a great advantage. 

Many schools and jobs see NHS as something that shows hard work and diligence. 

“NHS is an opportunity to give back to their school or community,” Vieira said. “It also helps with applications for jobs, college, and scholarships.” 

NHS members are trying their hardest to get as many people as possible to donate. Members of the NHS were given the responsibility of searching throughout the school for students that would be willing to give blood. 

In order to help give back to the community and school, donate blood to help a life in need.