From High School To Adulting

As the first semester is over and the end of the year is approaching faster than most want to believe, and seniors are finalizing everything. They might finally realize their high school days are coming to an end. Most seem to be excited to be an adult.

Thomas Calder is a Lakeland senior who has had many great experiences here. Even though he is nervous, he feels ready to graduate more than anything.

“I am a little scared but also excited to be independent. I’ll have more freedom to start growing and being more mature. I am happy to be getting ready for what I’m going to be doing after school and getting ready for my career, realizing I will be working every day. I think I’m ready for it. I feel like I have been doing a good job preparing for graduation,” Calder said.

One thing about graduating is that you are starting over with a new life. Being set up with a job or knowing what you want to do, high school covers that.

Deegan Chambers, another senior at Lakeland, also feels very excited and is ready to jump into his new job.

“It really just helped me find out what I’m gonna do with my life. I’m set up with a good job, got good connections, and I’m mentally ready. I’ve had a lot of experience with jobs, buying and renting places,” Chambers said.

Jerome Long is a math teacher here at Lakeland, but he was once a senior as well.

“When I got done with the NFL, I got a real job because by then, I had my first child and was married, so I had to work. Especially because when my wife was working, our goal was for her to be a stay-at-home mom. I didn’t work in high school, so it was my first time making money,” Long explained.

The transition from high school to adulthood might be scary, and you might feel nervous, but nothing is as complicated as the world makes it to be.