Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

SPOILERS

Rachel Foreman, Opinions Writer

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness first came to theaters on May 6th. This is the second Doctor Strange movie to come out with the first one coming out in 2016. 

This is the first Marvel movie to come out in 2022 with many others coming.

Benedict Cumberbatch who is Doctor Strange was the main protagonist in this movie, with the antagonist being the Scarlet Witch played by Elizabeth Olsen. 

There was a new character introduced by the name of America Chavez played by Xochitl Gomez. 

The movie begins with a variant of Doctor Strange and America Chavez running through a different dimension from a monster that the Scarlet Witch summoned to kidnap America Chavez. 

The Scarlet Witch wants to take America Chavez’s power of star-shaped portal jumping so she can be back with the children that she had in WandaVision.

In Doctor Strange, we learn more about how truly powerful the Scarlet Witch can be and will do anything to get what she wants.

There we also strongly anticipated cameos of other heroes from past movies that weren’t part of the current MCU in this movie who also tried to stop the Scarlet Witch. 

Some students who watched Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of madness shared their various opinions.

Emily Isenberg has stated, “I really enjoyed the movie and liked a lot of the aspects of it, I thought that Elizabeth Olsen’s acting was amazing. The horror parts of the movie really drew your attention. I do wish that it was a bit longer because I feel there was more story to be told” 

Thomas Tesch also stated, “I liked the movie, but there were some things in the trailer of the movie that made certain things seem more important than they actually were”

Jared Rings also gave his opinion of the movie “It was a good movie that i really enjoyed watching and I don’t have any criticisms on it”

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness earned an estimate of 688.1 million dollars so far and will still be making much more. Currently, this movie has a rating of 7.5 out of 10 on IMDb and a rating of 74% on rotten tomatoes. 

If you want to watch this movie but don’t want to go to theaters it will be released to Disney+ in July.