Spring Break Scholarships

Rachel Foreman, Staff Writer

Spring Break is starting soon on March 25th for Lakeland. Spring break will last from March 25th to April 4th, and many scholarships will be due during this timeframe. 

Carrie Paquette stated ¨Dylan Tollackson, North Idaho Fair and Rodeo, Marsden, Idaho Cattle Women, P1FCU, Tzu Chi, Tools of the Trade, and Automotive Aftermarket Scholarships are all due during spring break. They are all on the Scholarship Wall and the Lakeland Scholarship Chart¨

The Dylan M. Tollackson Memorial Scholarship is due on March 25th, this scholarship has a value of $500-$1000. To meet the requirements you have to be a senior and further your education in a Medical Field and there is no GPA requirement. 

Most of the scholarships that are going to be due during spring break will be due on March 31st.

The North Idaho Fair and Rodeo scholarship has a value of $500-$1,500 and the requirements are you have to be a graduating senior and plan on attending any 2-4 year college or trade school in any location and you have to currently be a Kootenai or Shoshone resident. 

The Marsden scholarship is giving $7,500 to someone who lives in north Idaho, you have to have shown great academic success to be considered for this scholarship. 

The Idaho Cattle Women Scholarship is giving up to $1,000 to anyone who is a current Idaho Cattle Association or if your parents, guardians, or grandparents are ICA members. Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors majoring in an agriculture-related field of study should apply for this scholarship.

The P1FCU will be giving 15 scholarships of $1,000 to seniors who are graduating, you must prove acceptance as a full-time student at a college or university, be a P1FCU primary member in good standing, and have a 3.0 GPA. 

The Tzu Chi scholarship is rewarding a $1,000 scholarship to graduating seniors who have at least a 3.0 GPA and have financial needs. 

Automotive Aftermarket Scholarship varies in the amount of money it will be giving. The requirements are being Full-time students at any accredited U.S. college or university or an ASE/NATEF certified post-secondary automotive, heavy-duty, or collision repair school. There is no GPA requirement for this scholarship.

The Tools of Trade Scholarship is due on April 1st and will be awarding $1000, this scholarship is for someone who is going into CTE and trades. You have to have at least a 2.5 GPA and plan to be a full-time student.

Spring Break is a great opportunity to start applying for scholarships and there are many more that students can apply for on the Lakeland Scholarship Chart.