Silverwood Theme Park

Isadora Goad, Opinions Writer

Silverwood Theme Park is a summer favorite for most people in nearby cities and states. Usually more than 650,000 people visit each year. It is 413 acres in area, including the water park.  

There are many rides that you can ride at Silverwood. There is a wide variety of types of rides ranging from low intensity to high intensity. The most popular rides are the roller-coasters Tremors, The Aftershock, Corkscrew, and Timber Terror. 

Tremors is a high intensity rollercoaster that reaches up to 63mph and has drops up to 103 feet. The Aftershock is a high intensity ride and an award winning coaster. It is 191 feet tall and goes up to 65 mph. 

The Corkscrew is a high intensity rollercoaster that was originally made at Knotts Berry farm, and was one of the first roller coasters at Silverwood. Timber Terror is also a high intensity ride at Silverwood and is one of the most popular Roller Coasters. The speed reaches up to 55mph and, in my opinion, is a very fun rollercoaster. 

The Stunt Pilot is a new ride that Silverwood is creating this year. It is a high intensity ride and it is 106 feet tall and reaches speeds of up to 52mph. It is supposed to be a very fun ride and feel like an airplane ride. The Stunt Pilot was inspired by the award winning airplane rides and shows that Silverwood used to have. It opens on May 29th, 2021. 

Boulder Beach is the waterpark inside of Silverwood Theme Park. It has 2 wave pools and many water slides. The highest intensity water slide is Velocity Peak. It is 60 feet tall and goes 55mph in speed. There is a Lazy river and more water slides including Rumble falls and Riptide Racer.

There is also a train that most children like because there are actors that act out a story on the train ride. There is also a magic show with the famous magician Nick Norton. The candy store and all of the treats are a must if you go to Silverwood. 

Silverwood opened on May 1, 2021. It is open 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on weekends. It is open all summer and Scarywood is going to be open in October. 

Many students at Lakeland Highschool work at Silverwood. The pay is very good and it is supposedly a fun job. I spoke to Avery Scott-Fudge, a sophomore at Lakeland and an employee at Silverwood, about the COVID-19 restrictions at Silverwood and he said, ”Masks are recommended, but not required at Silverwood.” Silverwood is a very fun place that you should go to this summer.