What Shoe is the Best Shoe?

Diego Aguilar, Opinion Writer

Throughout history, mankind has traveled vast distances. One of the first ways mankind traveled was on foot, however, unprotected feet can blister and cut causing great discomfort. To solve this problem shoes were invented. Nowadays shoes are more than just something we wear on our feet, shoes are simply part of our outfit.

This begs the question, what is the best type of shoe? The short answer is: it depends on what you’re using the shoe for. If you want to hike, buy some north face shoes, if you want to play sports it depends on what sport you play. 

For hiking I would highly recommend a pair of North Face shoes, these will cost you anywhere from $120 to $200. Although this is a lot of money for shoes it is worth the sacrifice, these will last you for at least a year.

If you just want a pair of shoes to walk around in, I would recommend any tennis shoes or even basketball shoes. These will provide you with maximum comfort while also looking stylish. As good as you’ll look, these will set you back anywhere from $50 to $140. If you decide to go this route I would recommend a pair of Air Jordan Fours or a pair of Nike Blazers. 

Zach Roses, a student at Lakeland High School says “My favorite pair of shoes are Jordan Fours, but my close second would be a pair of vans”.

Skating shoes are also a good shoe for roaming. They’re durable and cheap, I would not recommend them for long walks or for sports because they can tend to be uncomfortable if worn for long periods of time. A nice pair of vans will cost about $70.

My personal favorite type of shoes are the shoes you wear just to look good. Some people say that money is temporary but drip is eternal, in this case it is correct. 

Some shoes can go up to $8,000 while others can go for $300. My personal favorite pair are the Nike Chunky Dunky Sb’s that go for about $2,000. If you’re looking for maximum comfort and style go for the Yeezys by Adidas, an average pair costs $350. 

Some people will call you a “hypebeast” or even an idiot. That does not matter, their just haters, shoes are life. Never go out wearing shoes that don’t look drippy.

Shoes will make or break your outfit. If you don’t really care about shoes then I don’t know why you’re reading this. Whatever you decide to wear, remember, shoes are love, shoes are life.