Countdown to Summer

Isadora Goad, Opinion Writer

Summer is a very exciting time for most students and it is getting closer by the day. 

In summer, most students get to have a break before the next year of school. It is usually a great time for students to relax and do other activities.

There are other activities you can do including road trips, vacations, swimming and more. Summer is coming soon and school ends on June 11, 2021. There will be a graduation ceremony for the class of 2021 on June 9th.

Some students may actually have school during summer. They may have summer school because they failed a class that needed help or they may be doing college classes during the summer. So they may not like summer as much as the rest of the student body. 

Summer in North Idaho is usually the perfect weather. It is usually a high of 70 degrees in North Idaho and perfect for swimming. We have so many lakes nearby and so much to do. Including walking downtown CDA, hunting, fishing, swimming and hanging out with friends. 

There is a lot more that you can do nearby like going to Montana, Oregon and Washington. North Idaho is only 45 minutes away from Montana, only 20 minutes to Washington, and only 3 hours to Oregon. So there are a lot of places to go and things to do this summer. 

Most people are very excited to have a few months off of school. So, in summer for most students there is no school work and getting up early. A lot of people like summer and most students have a summer job. Nearby you can get a summer job at Silverwood, the resort and other places. 

At Lakeland students usually love school and so I spoke to a few students and they all said that they loved summer and the warm weather; one person being Kaylee Alexander who said, “I like summer because I get to catch up on sleep and go swimming in Coeur d’Alene Lake.” 

It is very common for people in North Idaho to go to different lakes nearby and go fishing, tubing, and swimming. So, most people at Lakeland love the pretty warm weather and swimming in summer. Most students can’t wait for summer! Make sure to countdown the days until you can go swimming and enjoy the summer activities.