Ready for Summer

Emma Stutzke, News Writer

Many students are ready for summer to start. They want the weather to be sunny and warm, and they want to go have fun with their friends. 

However, there are a couple months until school is over and summer break starts. So what will students do until then?

Some students are occupied with sports, but some have nothing to do after school because their sport is already over for the year.

Instead of just sitting around and watching TV or playing video games, you can spend some quality time with your family or friends. You can play card games, watch movies, go on walks if the weather is nice and many other things. 

Kayla Lopin, a sophomore at Lakeland High School said, “After school when it’s not summertime, I like to go shopping with my friends.”

“As of right now, I like to hangout with my friends and go downtown,” said Karsyn Miller, another sophomore at Lakeland. 

Once it is summertime and the weather is sunny and warm, there will be many things for students to do. You can do water sports like swimming, surfing, wakeboarding, and many other outdoor activities like hiking, fishing or just relaxing in the sun.

“My favorite summertime activity is to either go riding or camping,” said Kayla. 

“I would have to say my favorite summer activity is going camping at my property.” said Karsyn.

Some students at Lakeland High School might get a job from now until summer, or keep it through summer. Some may get a job at Silverwood, a coffee shop, a restaurant or anything else that allows them to do fun activities with friends and family.