Munyer Signs with Weber State

Liam Bradford, Sports Editor

Lakeland High School is known for many things, top tier athletes being one of them. 

Every few years some elite athletes pass by, and Lakeland was lucky enough to get one of these athletes. He has done nothing but produce perfectly for the Hawks. 

Ammon Munyer is an exceptional athlete, and after his four-year career at Lakeland he has signed to a Division 1 college. Munyer chose between all of his offers on Feb. 3 and announced that he has committed to Weber State University and will continue his football career in Ogden, Utah.

Munyer is a three-sport athlete and an excellent student, and all of his hard work and grind is finally paying off. He received ten full-ride scholarship offers from Division 1 schools between FBS and FCS. He also received two preferred walk-on spots from the University of Washington and Oregon State University. 

Between football, basketball and track, Munyer has always stayed busy throughout high school with sports, which he plays at a high level in every sport he partakes in. However, his football skills and outstanding abilities on the gridiron are the reason for his signing. 

He decided that Weber State has a solid and skilled football program and he wanted to play somewhere relatively away from home. Munyer chose Weber State because his family didn’t want him to go too far, but he also wanted to take advantage of his out-of-state scholarships. 

Ammon Munyer will likely play tight end for the Weber State Bobcats after he graduates in June of 2021. He is currently in the middle of basketball season and will play track in the spring. 

Munyer says he is ready to get to work in college and is very excited to play past high school and bring glory to all of Lakeland and Northern Idaho.